ANZAC DAY 2017 – London and the UK
25th April 2017
2017 ANZAC Day services in London include:
- Dawn Service at Hyde Park Corner (5am)
- Cenotaph March Past and Wreath-Laying (11am)
- Westminster Abbey (12 noon)
The Dawn Service is free to attend. Officials of the Australian and New Zealand High Commissions will lay wreaths, as will organisations including the Britain-Australia Society.
The Britain-Australia Society can issue members with free tickets to the Cenotaph viewing and/or the Abbey Service.
We will need the following details by the end of 14th March:
- Name (as it appears in your passport, including title (Mr, Ms, Prof, Countess etc))
- Passport number, expiry date and country of issue
- Permanent address
- Posting Address
- Which event(s) you wish to attend.
Please email the Office with the above details.
Other services are held around the UK and the High Commission strives to send representatives to each of these. Here is a selection:
- Saturday 22rd April
11am – at the Cambridge City Cemetery in conjunction with the Cambridge branch of the RAF Association
3pm – St Andrew the Great, Church, Lion Yard, Cambridge CB2 3AX (Cambridge Branch)
(Captain Cook’s wife and two of their sons are buried in this church)
- Sunday 23rd April – Sutton Veny (West Country Branch)
(Sutton Veny has a renowned cemetery from the First World War)
- Sunday 30th April – 3pm – Wymondham Abbey, 10 Church St, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 0PH
The New Zealand High Commission in the UK also has a useful page listing services around the country.
Please note this is a National event