The Britain-Australia Society
Terms and Conditions
The Britain-Australia Society
1. USER RESPONSIBILITIES
1.1 Permitted use
You must not use our site:
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect, or that violates any other person’s rights;to send, upload, download or store any material that is abusive, offensive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or that breaches any obligation of confidentiality by which you are bound;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (such as spamming activities); or
- you do not in any way modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded, and you do not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text;
- our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the author of material on our site is always acknowledged; and
- you do not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
1.2 Viruses, hacking and other offences You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
2. INFORMATION ON OUR SITE
2.1 Our site changes regularly . We may change the content of our site at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
2.2 Reliance on information posted Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
2.3 Links from our site We have no control over the contents or availability of those sites or resources to which our site contains a link, and we accept no responsibility for those sites or resources or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them, or in connection with any non-provision of all or any part of the service or site by the relevant provider. Any reference made by our site to any commercial product, process or service (or the provider of such) by trade name, hyperlink or trade mark does not denote any endorsement or recommendation by us. Certain content on our site may be provided by third parties. Any statements, services, offers, opinions or advice expressed or made available by third parties are those of that third party only and cannot be taken to be ours.
2.4 Intellectual property rights We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. The Britain-Australia Society logo is an unregistered trade mark of The Britain-Australia Society.
3. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
4. OUR LIABILITY
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. You agree to indemnify us against any costs, claims and expenses incurred by us as a result of or in connection with your use of our site.
5. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW